Saturday 5 January 2013

"I Get It"

In truth I can't be bothered to fisk Cameron's latest article in the Sunday Telegraph, via his 'soap picky-up extraordinaire' Matthew d’Ancona, suffice to highlight just this (my emphasis):
“What I’d say to Sunday Telegraph readers is 'I get it’. Britain has a role in Europe ... but we’re not happy with the way the relationship works at the moment and so we want change.”
Funnily enough in May last year, we had this in the Telegragh, after some dismal local election results for the Tories:
The message people are sending is this: focus on what matters, deliver what you promise – and prove yourself in the process. I get it
It's akin to keep having to say you're famous. If that's the case it, by conclusion, means you're not.

3 comments:

  1. D'ancona to me is a dyed in the wool supporter of Cameron regardless of the failures of "call me dave" to actually realise that he just doesn't understand what the people really want.

    When will these people understand that the majority of the people are now seeing through the "Grand Construct" and want the UK to go back to what it did best, Trade with the whole world in an equitable way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly TFE I don't think they will ever understand. Even if the whole damn thing collapsed Cameron, D'ancona et al will be arguing for a new treaty to resurrect it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUOTE
    "It's akin to keep having to say you're famous. If that's the case it, by conclusion, means you're not. "

    I AM FAMOUS - my name is Dave Allison.

    I only have to say it ONCE.

    ReplyDelete