Thursday 6 May 2010

Election Day

Well at last after what has seemed like forever, watching the disintegration of our parliament and the country under Brown, us little people can have our say...and then be ignored again for another 5 years (unless it's a hung parliament and it may only be for a year. Lucky us).

Aside from going down to the polling station this morning to vote, though not for myself unfortunately as I don't live in the constituency I'm standing in, I will be taking it easy for the rest of the day, waiting for the mayhem to begin tonight. I will try to twitter any updates as and when I can, though not before checking the rules since I don't want to get caught out.

As for the general election result, I don't care that much, a vote for any of the three main parties is a vote for more of the same. My only hope is that whoever wins forms a government that won't contain Gordon Brown.

I will blog in detail in a few days on my thoughts of this campaign, after I have caught up on sleep and my team (hopefully) wins promotion on Saturday away at Millwall. For now I would like to thank everyone who has helped me in every way, from leafleting, advice, canvassing, to putting up posters. I won't name names here, though I can mention the help from Opinionated and Vocal, whose leafleting around where he lives was particularly productive in terms of responses.

Once again thanks, and hopefully here's good riddance to this idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment