Sunday 16 May 2010

Short Break

Now that the election is over, I'm busy getting back to work, I took just over 3 weeks off for my campaign so I've a lot to catch up on. So this blog will be quiet for a bit, but it will return.

In the meantime it seems, despite Operation Ostrich (the Tory strategy on Europe) that the EU will give Cameron a few headaches this year. The Lisbon Treaty is due up for re-ratification this year, only 'a technical adjustment' according to the Foreign Office. Enough leeway for Cameron to renege once again on his cast-iron promise.

There are plenty of reasons why I think the coalition will be short-lived, primarily amongst them with be differences on the EU between the Lib Dems and Tory backbenches. It cannot be ignored forever, however hard they try.

No comments:

Post a Comment