Thursday, 27 November 2014

Paddington Bear And UKIP?

It says something of the media combined with the rather aggressive anti-immigrant message of UKIP, that it now means a review of a children's film has to somehow tie in with an anti-UKIP message - and that doesn't reflect well on either UKIP or the media. This from the Spectator:
Deborah Ross revels in this wondrously British new film - and its anti-Ukip message
And this from Michael Bond himself (my emphasis):
So Bond’s not a UKIP supporter? He winces. “A dreadful thought, I can’t think of anything worse. I’m a great believer in being a member of the EU. I think it was one of the best things Churchill ever did. I don’t want us to leave Europe.
Though in this case I think Mr Bond should stick to writing children's stories - history and politics is clearly not his forte.

What's becoming apparent though such views which infiltrate a simple review of a children's film becomes just another example of UKIP fundamentally poisoning the 'out' campaign...

3 comments:

  1. I thought Paddington was an illegal alien from Peru, what has the EU to do with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and deepest darkest Peru at that.

      Delete
  2. Just as the UKIP want a return to the 1950s, so the Eurofanatics want a return to the 1970s.
    I am 75 and I want a return to EFTA and the EEA!

    ReplyDelete