Wednesday 6 October 2010

”I Like To Compare EU With Soviet Union”

From RT:
The European Union should not be expected to last forever, believes British politician and member of the EU Parliament Roger Helmer.

”I do not think that the European Union can last forever,” Helmer told RT. “I like to compare it to the USSR, we should not do the comparison too far, but I think there are a lot of factors.”






He also has some interesting comments on his party's stance on the EU, which he reiterates on his blog here. He is clearly disillusioned with his own party, one wonders how long before he takes Geoffrey Howe's "tragic conflict of loyalties" advice.

1 comment:

  1. “I like to compare it to the USSR"

    Well Roger, you are spot on, there is no other way to fucking compare it!

    ReplyDelete