Thursday 29 November 2012

Comments

I've received more than a few observations that changes by Google to the word verification process when attempting to comment is becoming increasing more difficult to read ...something I have experienced on other blogs.

I have attempted to play around with the blogger comment settings, but simply removing the word verification lands me with more spam than I can cope with. So in the absence of any practical solution via Blogger, to try to balance the ease of commenting while limiting spam, I'm searching for imbedded third party options.

I have used intensedebate before with mixed success. So if the comments field changes in the next couple of days, but doesn't quite work...bear with me (hello) I'll merely be trying a few things out, sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Update: I've imbedded Disqus. It seems to have removed all other comments on this blog - unless I uninstall it. However it seems to behave much better on Blogger than 'intense debate'. If you want to post anonymous comments simply make the email address up if it requests it - that seems to work.

Any problems let me know, unless obviously the problem is that you can't comment...

1 comment:

  1. What I don't like is that they're playing clever. By putting unreadable numbers in there, they can determine that you are indeed human and let the comment in. This is playing funny buggers with people they consider their inferiors.

    ReplyDelete