Friday 11 December 2009

And so it begins...

I had intended this morning elaborating on my previous post regarding foreign ministers being banned from the EU Council meetings, but Richard North beat me to it - it's well worth a read.

Just 11 days after the Lisbon Treaty came into force, its consequences are now beginning to rear their ugly head, and there's a rush to implement the EU Foreign Office before 'cast-iron' Dave comes into office. They needn't worry, he won't kick up much of a fuss.

As always with the EU, let us condemn them by their own words (my emphasis in bold):

[Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt] defended his actions: "The Lisbon Treaty is in place since 1 December and until 31 December I will be very fundamentalist in implementing it."
I don't doubt it!

He explained that since the treaty came into force, relations between member states are no longer considered "foreign policy" but are now "domestic policy" and so EU leaders no longer need their top diplomats beside them.
Confirmation that the UK is no longer sovereign. David Miliband is, apart from his day job of being Eric Wimp, now relegated to just being one of the EU's Home Office ministers.

Foreign ministers may now be invited if "foreign relations" with non-EU states are on the agenda.

How jolly nice of them!

Clearly our brand new country is beginning to emerge - without our consent, and so as a result I thought I would 'celebrate', and mostly cheer myself up, with Mario Savio's inspirational 'bodies upon the gears' speech:

No comments:

Post a Comment