Monday 31 May 2010

Blunkett Wants To Sue

I see that David "civil-liberties-just-get-in-the-way-of-me-locking-everyone-up" Blunkett, wants to sue over the scrapped ID card scheme. Aside from the fact he clearly doesn't understand the concept of democracy and that changes of Government can do this, this quote was amusing:

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "I have got a card and it's very useful and I don't believe anyone has surveilled anything about me."

He either has a short memory or is very complacent, this from 2003:
A BBC reporter has "stolen" Home Secretary David Blunkett's identity as part of an investigation into Britain's fastest growing crime - ID fraud.

Paul Kenyon, of BBC One's Kenyon Confronts programme, set out to prove how easy it is to snatch other people's identities and shows that basic checks are not made when official documents are issued.
Good riddance to both him and the ID card scheme.

2 comments:

  1. "I have got a card and it's very useful and I don't believe anyone has surveilled anything about me."

    He's blind, how would he know? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue as in ....... oh sorry, thought for one minute Blunkett had found a new companion!

    ReplyDelete