Friday 10 September 2010

To No-One's Great Surprise

The Post Office will be privatised:
The government is to go ahead with the privatisation or sale of Royal Mail.

Business Secretary Vince Cable made the commitment after receiving updated recommendations from the businessman Richard Hooper.

His latest report says the universal postal service can only be maintained by an injection of private sector money and expertise.
In all honesty I can't be bothered to rehearse the real reasons why this is happening suffice to say it is in large part due to this.

The silence from the media is deafening and interestingly so far, my comment on the Telegraph site pointing this out was pulled, twice, within 5 minutes, I've not yet been approved on the Daily Mail site despite later comments appearing ok, and my comment on the Guardian site has also been pulled.

I'm too weary to write much more, I'm off down the pub.

1 comment:

  1. I bet that the EU supporting Labour apparatchiks will be the first to condemn the new brokeback coalition government.

    As an aside, it always amused me that the LibDumbs had the pure brass neck to assign the job of saviour of Post Offices to Sarah Teather.

    These people really think that we are all stupid.

    ReplyDelete