"Alcohol is a dose-related poison, which means that the more you drink the more it affects you."
And so is water.One of these days they might even get around to re-discovering Paracelsus and "The dose makes the poison".
@anon, Aye water - dangerous stuff that as Leah Betts found out...
But it was not said to make the dose-related point. It was said to label alcohol as 'poison' (rather than drug or drink) by inserting into an otherwise bland and misdirected context.
@Woodsy42, but it is a poison, as are all drugs, just that sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks...
At last, an answer! I always wondered why, the more I quaffed the more anebriated I became.I'm off for some cold solace.
@mike...I think you are supposed to read the dosage instructions on the label.What's the point of having a government if you are going to ignore their instructions......I mean they have even begun a "Drink Aware" campaign... and still people like mikebravo can't be trusted......We need more government, and we need it now......There's no time for an election.:)